My client, a leading logistics provider based in Birmingham are looking for an Export Coordinator to join their team on a full time and permanent basis.
* Develop & build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
* Ensure freight is moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation
* Keep a record of all daily events and interactive reports.
* Arrange haulage with shipping line/hauliers.
* Make sure all freight is invoiced and checked prior to dispatch.
* Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand as required.
* Deal with requests and queries ensuring they are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
* Liaising with overseas agents, customers and suppliers to ensure freight is moved as per customers instructions.
* Use of customer ERP and SAP systems as and when required.
* Accurate & timely reporting/escalation to department manager
Key Skills: -
* Experience of working within freight forwarding / export involving shipments to global destinations and working with clear operating procedures.
* Working knowledge of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air for ADR and IMDG shipments.
* If you have international experience of working with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers, and rail and air lines in other countries this would be advantageous.
* Excellent communication skills both verbally & written
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced and pressurised environment with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
* Excellent time management & organisational skills with the ability to multitask