Our Client is looking for an Estimator to join a successful growing team
Continued expansion across the business has created an opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join the team to work on a diverse portfolio of Earthworks and Civil Engineering tenders and enquiries.
You will be the controlling mind during the pre-construction phase of projects and a key contributor during construction of successful tenders. You will be working closely with clients, their representatives, other stakeholders, staff and sub-contractors on various Earthworks and Civil Engineering projects. Primarily bringing together tender packages for submission and to provide contract support post award to the construction team.
This is an excellent opportunity with genuine progression opportunities for someone wishing to take on a new challenge with a reputable and expanding company.
The successful applicant will be required to:
Scrutinise incoming enquiries and assess technical details.
Manage all aspects of the tender from initial enquiry to tender return.
Prepare schedules of works where required in liaison with the client.
Prepare take-offs and materials schedules.
Prepare subcontract enquiries and evaluate quotations.
Manage the procurement of subcontract prices including preparing contract documentation and attend pre-award meetings to ensure compliant quotations.
Prepare cost estimates and outline programmes.
Coordinate tender submissions including health and safety, environmental and quality elements.
Manage and submit when required alternative proposals, clarifications, queries, etc to clients.
Prepare and control Contract handover meetings.
Carry out site visits as required.
· Excellent IT skills, including the Microsoft Office suite of software.
· Review drawings and perform quantity take-offs.
· Ability to produce estimates from first principles.
· Capability to work on multiple tenders and budgets.
· Aptitude and ability to work as part of a team and autonomously.
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· A professional attitude towards representing the Company.
· Good time management and organisational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
A proven background in estimating and tender compilation/submission.
Excellent client facing presentation and communication skills.
Formal qualification in relevant field- HNC/HND or Degree desirable but not essential.
Experience in earthworks, drainage, highways, flood defence, remediation, ground stabilisation, etc all desirable.
Sound Understanding of various forms of contract.
Salary & benefits:
· Negotiable dependent on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19