Our client is a leading New Build Social / Affordable Housing Business based in Hertfordshire, who are currently seeking an Estimator with a background in Main Contracting or Residential Development to assist the Senior Estimator and Commercial Manager on projects from £10million up to £60million in value.
The organisation has achieved significant growth over the last few years and is looking to expand further into the market place, resulting in this vacancy. The ideal candidate will have a number of years experience working for a Main Contractor or Residential Developer.
* Managing tenders to determine prioritisation and review tender documents assessing risks involved, tender complexity etc. and provide feedback to the Commercial Manager.
* Calculate and prepare quantities, understanding of drawings and AutoCAD
* Sourcing and maintaining relationships with subcontractors & suppliers capable of complying with tenders in coordination with the Commercial Team.
* Work collaboratively with other Trust teams, liaising with internal department to prepare to ensure accurate and relevant cost assumptions.
* Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and partners, liaising and meeting with sub-contractors and suppliers to enable costs to be accurately identified.
* Maintain and amend by agreement, estimating procedures. Provide cost breakdowns for buying purposes and cash flow forecasts.
* Experience within the construction industry including types of build from traditional to timber frame.
* Ideally you will have good experience with computer systems, particularly excel and estimating packages.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career to Senior Estimator and taking on a full leadership role of the estimating department
On offer for this Estimator position is a basic salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus package including car allowance and generous holiday entitlement