Reporting to the Managing Estimator, you will be responsible for the commercial elements of tenders and cost plans. The projects vary in value from £1m to in excess of £15m and are across a range of sectors including highway authorities, Groundworks, industrial developments, minor civils and public realm
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package and the chance to work in an environment where you are well respected and given the opportunity to continue to develop and progress in your career.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Have a HNC/Degree related to Civil Engineering.
* Have proven estimating experience in Civil Engineering.
* Be able to demonstrate knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
* Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
* You will be able to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge
* You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, have good communication, organisation and leadership skills
* Manage the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
* Liaise with and manage the internal and external tender team
* Mark up enquiries to be sent out to the supply chain, produce or organise Bills of Quantities production and obtain material quotes
* Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain and liaise with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
* Prepare and evaluate risk and opportunity
* Arrange and prepare commercial documents for Tender Handover meetings
* Review supply chain performance quarterly
* Attend pre-qualification, mid tender and post tender interviews
* Visit sites to obtain feedback
* Prepare cost plans and feasibility studies and liaise with Clients