Alexander Steele is working in partnership with this wonderful food manufacturer based in the North East of England. They are currently looking to recruit a permanent Engineering Team Leader
Reporting directly and working closely with the Engineering Manager you will be a crucial member of the maintenance department. You will provide technical expertise and supervision in electrical / mechanical engineering for the site and manage maintenance activities under the maintenance management system, driven by plant inspection. Provide technical assessment and action plans for collected monitoring data to improve the reliability of the plant continuously.
You will be working a rotating 4 on 4 off shift pattern and the salary on offer is circa £44,000.
* Meet operational maintenance standards by contributing to strategic plans and reviews, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems and minimising production downtime.
* Intervene on any line / production deterioration in performance; complete root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
* Leading a team of 4 shift engineers.
* Assist the Manager with maintaining function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing and maintaining a preventive and predictive maintenance program.
* Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following relevant food, health and safety standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
* Suitable Electrical and/or Mechanical Qualification essential
* Supervisory experience is essential.
* Experience and knowledge in the food or drink manufacturing sector is desirable.
* Strong diagnostic / root cause analysis skills essential
* Ability to work in a production-driven environment, multitask and work under own initiative to deliver to deadlines.
* Relationship builder with solid influencing skills
Sound Interesting? If you would like to find out more information please apply with your most recent version of your CV or call us and ask for Richard Steele