Electrical Engineer - Permanent - North Staffordshire - £30-44k + 8% pension contribution + company bonus
+++Key points - Design & "hands-on" responsibilities, great company to work for, opportunities for progression, plenty of opportunity to gain recognition i.e. not just a name in a department!+++
Samuel Frank Associates have been asked by a North Staffordshire based system integrator to find a new addition for their Electrical team. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who has a demonstrable track record in control panel design who also has wider project experience such as hands on installation, electrical testing, commissioning and documentation writing expertise.
This role could suit an Electrical Engineer with 2-5 years experience. You'll be working alongside an experienced Electrical Engineer who you could shadow and learn from.
Key aspects of the Electrical Engineer position include -
* Control panel design experience with systems comprising of PLCs, Variable Speed Drives and/or MCCs
* Experience with AutoCAD Electrical and/or EPLAN
* Familiarity with machinery safety requirements (e.g., BS EN ISO13849)
* Ability to fault find and diagnose problems with electrical circuits
* Testing of control panels and control systems (workshop and on site)
* Ability to produce detailed test documentation
* Ability to undertake site surveys for current projects or for tendering activities
The client is a small & very well-established system integrator. This means the successful Electrical Engineer could potentially have a big impact on the team, whilst progressing into a more senior role. If you have AutoCAD Electrical and no EPLAN experience, they're happy to provide you with EPLAN training to get you up to speed.
The client's customers are predominantly based in the North of England and Wales, so any site work will involve short term visits rather than spending weeks/months away at a time.
They have customers in various sectors including chemical, water and steel so they're not tied to one industry; giving them opportunities to expand in growing industries if one sector they operate in slows up.
The client's premises are easily commutable from the following locations - Stoke, Congleton, Crewe, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Leek, Middlewich and Nantwich