Successful Pupil Referral Unit (PRU), situated in Grantham, Lincolnshire is recruiting a Deputy Headteacher (SEN). This is a permanent and full-time appointment to commence in January 2021 (can potentially start earlier for the right DHT)
Pupils who attend this Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) are of from Primary to post 16. They have a range of SEN; ASD/ ADHD/ SEMH & Challenging Behaviour. SEN Teachers, Middle Managers and Senior Leadership are 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features. It is imperative that all new staff who are taken on board are able to mirror this as a minimum to be considered & must also have excellent SEN experience in either an Alternative Provision / SEN School / Pupil Referral Unit. They offer continued development and as such offer fantastic opportunities and CPD. This is a fantastic employer to work for.
New opportunity has arisen for an established and dedicated SEN Deputy Head / Vice Principle who has an exemplary SEN record in an SEN institution. The client would also consider an experienced SEN Assistant Head Teacher / AHT/ Assistant Principle for this Deputy Head / DHT / Vice principle. You must have worked with students with challenging behaviour and you must have outstanding leadership and managerial capabilities. IF your SLT experience is only in a mainstream education setting, unfortunately this post would not be suitable as very different. However if you have SLT mainstream school experience and also worked in an Alternative provision / SEN School / Alternative Provision then you will definitely be considered.
To be successful in this SEN Deputy Head post
* Imperative that you are a well-qualified teacher in your subject (PGCE/ SCITT / Teach First / Cert Ed / QTS)
* It is imperative that your AHT / Assistant Head teacher / Assistant Principle / Deputy Head Teacher / DHT / SLT experience has/ is within an SEN institution
* Must have worked with SEN
* Must have been graded a minimum of a "Good" Practitioner
* You will be in commutable distance to Grantham
* Outstanding knowledge and expertise working in a Middle Manager (wanting to step up to an SLT post) OR already in Senior Leadership with both EHCPs and SEN
* Experience working with children and young people with SEMH/ Complex Needs / ADHD/ ASD