Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: £50k + flexible working, excellent bonus, overtime & pension)
We're working with a world leading, Stevenage based, technical & scientific engineering organisation, with 10000 staff across Europe. They require a Cyber Engineer to support the Security Operations Function in countering the cyber threat.
It's an amazing business. They have a customer order book stretching for several years, with healthy profits and balance sheet. They are stable with steady controlled growth.
Cirrus Selection's team have been supporting this client for the last 10 years. We know the client very well.
Working in the SOC, you'll cover alert tuning, back-end refresh, playbook scripting and fault finding, SOC Tool upgrades, capability implementation and investigation activity utilising a wide variety of security platforms, SIEM (Security Information Event Management), Network Packet Capture platform, Anti Malicious Code, Threat Detection technologies and platforms across the UK Network.
But the key aspect is that you can code software and script. Not as a fulltime developer, but that you have some skills. This is an entry level role into an expert profession.
* Strong coding and scripting background - PowerShell, Python & Regex
* Ability to work with APIs, including HTTP headers and responses, JSON Objects.
* Experience with Proxies administration and changes.
* Windows (SMB) and *Nix (NFS) remote storage.
* IIS (Windows Web Server) Configuration, Active Directory/ LDAP (authentication).
* Experience with VMware/ Hyper-V Virtual machines and virtual switches.
* Set up & implementation of SOC tooling and automation of tasks.
* The Cyber Engineer will be involved in all SOC projects existing and new from concept through analysis to installation.
* New capabilities being implemented and tested to ensure a robust Cyber Defence capability exists to counter the threats requiring hands-on with the technologies.
This is a diverse and expanding team working sites and remote working. They're a friendly and driven with various backgrounds to ensure we have a blended approach to the work.
Benefits of working here
* State of the art technology & innovation
* External learning and development encouraged
* Friendly environment
* On site Medical Centre
* Parking / Easy Access to train station
* Coffee Shops and onsite shop
* Sports & Social Club
* Wherever possible they blend on-site & remote working
Rules onsite require British Citizens. You will be required to undergo security clearance.
Due to occasional high volumes of applications, it's difficult to reply to everyone. If we haven't been in touch within a week, then you haven't been successful on this occasion. Thanks for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment