Crane Service Engineer
£14.00 - £15.00 per hour (depending on experience)
A well established and successful Crane & Lifting equipment manufacturer, are currently looking for experienced Service Engineers to join their team.
In a permanent position, the post-holder will carry out the following duties:
* Travelling throughout the Midlands region, and sometimes Nationwide as required using a company vehicle, working alone and also as part of teams according to each job
* Preventative maintenance & repair of electric overhead cranes, jib cranes, runway beams hoists etc.
* Installation and dismantling of associated steelwork i.e. overhead cranes, post jibs etc.
* The on-site and off-site examination / inspection of different lifting equipment i.e. slings, shackles, eyebolts
* Troubleshooting of equipment malfunctions to determine faults and plan the relevant repair / maintenance activity required
* Consult with customers on any repairs and safety related issues
* Completing of all associated documentation as required
* Identifying any potential sales leads where possible whilst visiting clients
* Previous Crane / Hoist / Lifting equipment servicing and Maintenance experience is essential
* Have a recognised (and relevant) Electrical qualification or proof of training
* Full UK Driving Licence (clean preferable but minor points also accepted)
* LEEA Trained is preferred but not essential
* Knowledge of Health and Safety on site is required
* Be fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
* Relevant electrical and mechanical engineering experience/qualifications
* Demonstrate a willingness to work extra hours when the job requires
* Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
* Be confident and able to safely work at heights
* FLT Licence, IPAF Licence, Scaffold Training & a CSCS Card are all an advantage also
If you are looking for a new role with a successful company willing to invest in their staff, then please apply with an up to date CV or contact Ian at BlackCat Recruitment for more information