Due to sustained growth and investment throughout 2021, Elevation Engineering and Manufacturing have a fantastic opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join a leading manufacturing business in Sheffield.
This key position plays a pivotal role in the strategic role out of a lean/CI culture and builds on the foundations of the businesses group wide CI commitments over the coming years. You will be responsible for the effective introduction of key continuous improvement projects, improving efficiency through analysis, planning of workflow, equipment layout and the strategic use of lean/six sigma tools.
This role with suit a hands on engineer (production/manufacturing/process engineer) with a passion for continuous improvement. Knowledge of Six Sigma or a Green Belt would be beneficial for this role.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer's duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support and develop the team's knowledge and expertise in lean, CI & Six Sigma
- Conduct cycle time analysis, time studies and work balance / flow improvements
- Ensure CI projects are tracking on time within budget
- Help develop an embedded CI culture across the business, educating and developing others on key projects and tools
- Develop ways to efficiently utilise people, machinery, material and information to drive business performance
We are very keen to speak to you if you have the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of lean six sigma / continuous improvement methodology - A SS Green Belt would be beneficial
- Experience running key projects based around select improvement work across the business
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to turn complex analysis into meaningful strategy
- An understanding of the supply chain end to end would be beneficial
Elevation Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruitment consultancy dealing with engineering, technical and operational positions in Yorkshire and the surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please send your application or call Jack Heffren on (phone number removed) for all enquiries.
Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information