Do you want the right amount of time to do a job working with excellent kit, for nice clients and in nice buildings? Oh, and be paid at a leading market salary package? Due to continued growth, FORTH® are hiring again! This time we are looking for a highly skilled Commercial Gas Engineer to join our team. Is that you? Keep reading for more about this opportunity…
Still reading? Great! Although not fixed, here's a taster of what your week could look like?
* Visiting client's sites in order to carry out scheduled planned maintenance visits and servicing.
* Working on a variety of commercial plant including boilers, burners, water heaters and other mechanical plant/pipework including oil and LPG units.
* Building on existing and creating new relationships with clients on site.
* Carrying out reactive maintenance visits where you will need to fault find, diagnose, isolate and repair.
* Updating, renewing and correcting asset lists to ensure that the contract will run smoothly moving forward.
* Helping to quote for remedial works and other small projects.
* Submitting detailed engineering reports to ensure our office team are able to communicate clearly with the client.
What do we need from you in order to bring you on-board?
Now that we know what you will be doing on a week-to-week basis, it's time to tell you exactly what qualities you'll need to demonstrate throughout the application process in order to be successful. We are always after talented and ambitious individuals however for this role, you'll also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
Committed to the client- All FORTH® engineers have a strong work ethic and care about our clients as much as we do. Due to the nature of certain sites, we are sometimes required to stay on a job until it is completed.
Experienced & Expert - We are after someone who has been there, done that and got the T-shirt. This role is for someone that has the faith and confidence in their own ability to carry out a breakdown and repair job without having to call for help.
Problem Solver - As much as we'd love to say things run smoothly 100% of the time, unfortunately sometimes things do go wrong. We're not looking for passengers. We need someone who can stay level headed, solve an issue efficiently and be accountable to the client and the team.
Aligned with our values - We live by our values and anybody in our team needs to live them with us. Here we value:
* Going above and beyond
* Honesty & Selflessness
Now it's time for you to find out a little more about us…
FORTH® is one of the fastest growing companies in the Building Services industry. During 2020, most of our competitors were struggling and trying to see where they could save money. We, on the other hand, were moving into a bigger new-build office because our team had grown so much throughout the year!
Our biggest passion is our employees. We are a forward-thinking organisation who take pride in low-staff turnover rates, positive employment survey scores and having a growing team with a winning mentality.
You will regularly see #EmployeeLove on our LinkedIn page whether it's celebrating a birthday, highlighting successes, or promoting charity events which the team participate in. Here are just some* of the benefits that we offer our employees (*it is an ever-growing list!):
* Starting salary of £40,000 - £50,000, depending upon experience
* Top of the range company vehicle
* 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
* Vitality private medical insurance
* Enrolment into our pension scheme
* Fully funded summer and winter social events
* Birthday, work anniversary and Easter presents
* Audible account with free credits each month
* Training investment in professional or technical fields
* Amazing workspace in green fields with an on-site gym
* Opportunity to actively be a part of our CSR strategy
* Recommend a friend scheme paying £500 on the day they start
* Specsavers eyecare scheme
Like the sound of our organisation but not sure if this role fits like a glove? We are always on the lookout for strong candidates so send through an application anyway - we may have something for you soon!
If you want to apply for the role, please send your CV to our Talent Resource Manager, Ed Alderslade () or reach out to him directly on (phone number removed).
We look forward to receiving your application