A well-established Innovative Manufacturer based in Cambridgeshire, is recruiting for an additional Machine Operator Setter Turner to be part of their successful growing team.
Reporting to the Turning team supervisor, we are looking for an experienced CNC setter/operator to join our turning team to set and operate our precision turning centres. You must have at least three years relevant machining experience working in similar industry and be capable of producing and measuring precision components to tight tolerances. You will need to be familiar with G code programs with experience of Fanuc based machines. Twin spindle and sliding head experience will be beneficial but not essential as initial product machine training is provided. You will be expected to work as part of a small team with minimum supervision.
You will need to be organised, passionate and self-motivated with great work ethics. The role requires good IT and communication skills and requires you to be a team player ensuring production schedules are met along with a willingness to contribute to new ideas towards improvements. Previous experience of using Epicor or similar ERP systems would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
* Set and operate the CNC machines which you are assigned to, with the minimum of supervision
* Run production jobs on the CNC machines and to carry out all inspection duties required to ensure that parts are manufactured correctly to drawing and meet tight deadlines
* Complete all associated documentation and ensure compliance with ISO9001 procedures
* Ensure the ERP system and all paperwork is completed correctly and on time
* Complete all associate documentation and ensure compliance with ISO9001
* Ensure that any machine issues are reported to the relevant Team Supervisor or Machine Shop Manager
* Follow the company's philosophy of lean manufacturing and look at ways to make improvement and then bring these to the attention of your team supervisor
* Be responsible for keeping the areas you are working in and around, clean and tidy
* Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and work in a safe and competent manner
Shift is 39 hour 2 shifts on a weekly rotation:
Monday-Thursday 6.00am-2.30pm, 1.30pm-10.00pm
Friday 6.00am-1.30pm, 12.30pm-8.00pm
Company offers excellent benefits including an annual profit reward scheme. You will be working with a passionate team and company who value their people as an asset to the business