Care Assistant - Elderly Care Home / Village - £23,848pa + benefits - Central London
This is a rare opportunity as a Care Assistant / Support Worker to join a historic elderly care home / village, located within beautiful landscaped grounds, listed buildings and wonderful residents. They offer a complete village environment to its residents with amazing facilities and a full nursing care service. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
* £23,848pa + excellent benefits
* Permanent, full-time - Start ASAP
* Central London
* 42.5 hours a week, including paid for breaks
* Will be working 12-hours shifts (3 shifts one week, 4 shifts the next), working a range of shifts, including days, nights, weekends etc. on a rota basis).
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
* The Care Assistant for the elderly will ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Pensioners when required, with all aspects of daily living.
* Assist Pensioners in all aspects of their care needs
* Provide support and attention when needed, ensuring Pensioners retain their comfort, dignity
* Act as a support for nominated Pensioners in line with the Infirmary policies and procedures.
* Play a key role in the serving of meals and helping frail Pensioners unable to feed themselves.
* Payparticularattentionto assisting Pensioners who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties making the best use of aids provided.
* Closely monitor Pensioners who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems ensuring the care plan is followed.
* Assist in the promotion of continence. Maintain regular, scrupulous cleanliness dignity and assistance for those Pensioners who are incontinent and unable to help themselves
* Assist in the delivery of care for Pensioners who are dying or who have a progressive illness.
* Complete written daily records in the Pensioners care plan as instructed
* Assist in the framework of social activities by interacting with Pensioners and helping them continue with hobbies and activities
* Answer Nurse Call system promptly
* Report on well-being of Pensioners to senior members of staff on duty.
* Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments / assistance as and when required.
* Clean and maintain equipment used by Pensioners / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc.
* Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved
* Escort Pensioners travelling on social outings, hospital visits as required.
* Knowledge of needs and rights of older people and an understanding of good care principles and the CQC fundamental standards
* Experience in a similar role, looking after the elderly within a retirement home / village / or similar
* Genuine interest in working with, the elderly.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and work in
* Basic computer and email skills
* A friendly and caring nature