Imperial Professionals are delighted to announce that we are working in partnership with a leading manufacturer based in Newton Aycliffe that are recruiting for a buyer on a permanent basis.
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Hours: Full time (Monday-Friday)
To work as part of the Supply Chain Team to support the effective buying of products, materials and services relating to the manufacture of pressure transducers.
* Procurement of raw materials and services.
* Management of MRP requirements.
* Securing RFQ's.
* Negotiation of purchasing terms.
* Responsible for working with various venders.
* Support customers, handle queries and resolve enquiries.
* Investigate and resolve invoice queries.
* Expedite any items that are required for production working with all departments to
* ensure customer requirements are met.
* Application of Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reporting for indirect purchases.
* Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
* Provide cover for the Indirect Buyer as and when required.
* To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post, as required.
Experience of a supply chain environment.
Demonstrable experience within a procurement role.
Working knowledge and experience of MRP systems.
Demonstrable experience in a high-volume purchasing role.
Ability to communicate effectively and build positive working relationships.
Excellent analytical skills.
Strong team player with the ability to influence and inspire others.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT applications.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
Experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret, analyse and report on data.
Pro-active problem-solving skills.
Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage several tasks concurrently.
Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets.
Flexible approach to work.
Awareness and understanding of global supply chain management.
Experience of a manufacturing environment.
Experience of managing relationships with global vendors.
For more information on this opportunity please feel free to contact Adam at Imperial Professionals.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we may not be able to respond to every application, however, if you do not get a response within 7 days, please consider your application for this opportunity unsuccessful but we will keep your details on file for other opportunities