Join us at Capita as a Business Analyst with EDF Energy
(Full-time, Rainton, Permanent, Partially Remote)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
About EDF Energy
We want to bring affordable, low-carbon energy to everyone and to do that requires both sharp minds and smart ideas to help shape the UK's energy future. With the development of a new nuclear power station on the horizon, our goal is to become the best and most trusted energy supplier for our customers, through a combination of trust, transparency, and teamwork.
The Role of a PMO Analyst
This is an exciting time to join the Business Improvement and Quality function at EDF Renewables. Working closely with the Business Improvement Lead, and day-day interaction across the Renewables business, the Business Analyst will work with project teams to deliver exciting change projects across the business.
The successful candidate will help to initiate, plan and execute projects effectively. The successful candidate will work with the team to achieve company and project objectives, ensuring compliance to the company's Project Management Framework and support the overall delivery of improvement projects within the business change portfolio, whilst offering the successful candidate the opportunity to further develop their understanding of project delivery.
This role will be to work on an Enterprise Asset Management System, and therefore EAMS / ERP experience is required. The role will be focussed on supporting Asset Operations, together with other key stakeholders in delivering this key transformational programme.
• Documenting and mapping of processes including interviewing SMEs, conducting workshops and gaining process approvals. Independently identify process gaps; recommend and implement process improvements
• Develop and direct projects to improve process maturity and efficiency, drive role clarity, and expand automation wherever possible.
• Responsible for ensuring that Business Requirements are fully developed and documented e.g. functional, non-functional and reporting requirements and ensure full analysis, with appropriate engagement from the business teams including the review of current processes and data sources
• Act as the central control point for business analysis activities including working with internal customer and third-party supplier business analysts and technical teams, as appropriate
• Conduct/lead business process analysis to understand the needs of the organization and translate those needs into clear specifications
• Identify our toughest operational problems through engagement with AO's business process owners, leadership, and business partners and prioritize the most impactful projects
• Work with cross-functional leaders to scope projects, align objectives, and coordinate stakeholders to deliver outcomes to improve efficiency, consistency and reduce risk.
• Actively find new opportunities for process improvement in AO and support a culture of continuous improvement working collaboratively with that function within AO.
• Act as advocate and change agent to drive and sustain improvements at all levels of the AO organisation.
• Work alongside Product Owners, Delivery and Business Teams to gauge requirements
• Strong Collaboration: We work together, delivering on common goals. You will deliver positive collaboration and contribute to key business change projects, to drive the strategy and priorities of the whole EDF RUK.
• Curiosity: You're able to gain an understanding of what project data and the key stakeholders are telling you and generate customer insights and solutions from this.
• Planning & Prioritising You have a structured plan for the required works that is achievable and communicated to stakeholders, and you keep track of progress to ensure it is shared with the business.
• Create The Right Solution: You are able to identify alternative solutions to established practices and develop better ways to meet the business' needs.
• Telling The Story: You can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it. You can provide data that supports this and are able to explain the solution that has been chosen.
• Implementation: You proactively follow through on your activities and projects to deliver a high quality outcomes with effective change management
Skills & Experience:
• At least 3 years' experience in a Business Analyst role, ideally within the energy sector or similar operations
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean, Project Management or other related certification preferred
• Working experience of project and analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation
• Proven track record in facilitating workshops and other change management techniques, and readily adopting new ways of working and technology innovation
• Demonstrable experience of working on business change & transformation projects
• Significant knowledge of analyst frameworks, business processes and business requirements methodologies
• Excellent knowledge of the MS Office Suite, particularly Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Enterprise Asset Management System, and therefore EAMS / ERP experience
• Confidence to engage key stakeholders at all levels
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, interviewing and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to collate and interpret data, producing meaningful and accurate reports; strong attention to detail
• Ability to operate and communicate within a matrix team made up of both technical and non-technical members
• Be confident in engaging with technical experts to deliver project solutions