DE&S have exciting opportunities for engineers with GOLDesp experience to join their diverse team at RNAS Yeovilton.
These positions are within the Data Management Services (DMS) team, which is responsible for data integrity and in-service activity of Air Engineering Logistic Information Support provided by the GOLDesp application. DMS delivers Data Services on behalf of various DE&S and Frontline Command customers, enabling the effective use and analysis of the application we support.
Due to the secure nature of the role, this is a reserved post and open to sole UK nationals only
Responsibilities for GOLDesp Data Engineer
As our GOLDesp Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the creation and management of DMS Logistic Support Analysis Records (LSAR) and Reference Data for the GOLDesp application, with the day-to-day responsibilities of:
* Creation and management of GOLDesp Reference Data and LSAR, in order to maintain data integrity and assist the Airworthiness of all UK MOD platforms that use GOLDesp
* Advising platform delivery teams and industry partners on the impact of GOLDesp on technical instructions and modifications
* Support GOLDesp and Logistic Support application testing and release activities and associated safety cases
* Support, on request, incident resolution with respect to the industry partner especially where there are Airworthiness or Operational Capability implications
* Support the Engineering Application Management (Air) in their representation of customer views to the industry partners and contractors on all matters regarding levels of service, managing customer expectation and providing a conflict resolution service where appropriate
* Development and maintenance of system requirements including in-service support
* Provide specialist advice on the application of safety and environmental management systems
* Determine quality management and assurance approaches, ensuring technical risks are understood and managed
* Participate in identification, selection, evaluation, performance verification and demonstrations within your technical area
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in an Engineering/Science related discipline OR will demonstrate equivalent work experience
* You will have experience of the GOLDesp application (preferably at Boundary Cell or Aircraft Custodian level)
* You will have experience of working in an engineering environment within the Aeronautical/Aviation (or similar) sector
* You will be a competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Publications preferably Interactive Electronic Technical Publications and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals
* An understanding of aircraft weight and balance
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Decision Making (Supervised Practitioner)
* Technical Risk Management (Supervised Practitioner)
* Communicating and influencing
* Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Find out more about what DE&S offers by clicking . Please refer to the to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
About your team
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within the SDA - and it's one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within the SDA and our industry partners and professional bodies.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy