Here is a maternity cover position working in accounts payable and receivable for a market leader.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams, reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller
Liaising with your teams, internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure proactive debtor cash collection and supplier payment management thereby optimising the cash flow for the business.
Day to day supervision and line management responsibilities of the Sales Ledger Team (3 employees) and Purchase Ledger Team (3 employees) to ensure the teams run efficiently.
* Develop AR and AP dashboard of KPIs.
* Working closely with the Group Financial Controller to ensure transactions are performed in line with company policies.
* Establish review processes within the teams and implement changes where appropriate to ensure efficiency.
* Develop long term relationships by seeking opportunities to work with other departments.
* Keep Group Financial Controller up-to-date with team achievements, strengths and issues.
* Dealing with ad-hoc duties as required.
* Overseeing testing of system upgrades to the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger.
* Supporting the Accountants with reconciliation queries on the ledgers.
* Ensure collection of cash in a timely manner, management of aged debt and limit the company's exposure to bad debt.
* Liaising with the credit insurance company.
* Building customer relationships including site visits to customers where necessary.
* Assisting the SL team during busy periods.
* Ensure all accounts operate within their credit limits as prescribed by our credit insurance company.
* Regular debt reporting to Group Financial Controller
* Ensure all tasks are carried out correctly and on time including the processing of invoices and payment runs.
* Oversee processing of weekly wages payroll information
* Assisting the PL team during busy periods.
* Ensuring new supplier accounts are set up correctly ensuring compliance to internal procedures.
* Regular review of the Creditors reporting to Group Financial Controller.
* Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
* Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to our challenges
* Ability to relate to key stakeholder personnel in a professional and credible fashion
* Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
* Good interpersonal skills and strong leadership and management skills
* Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
* Proactive approach and prompt responses to all stakeholder requests
* Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
* Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
* Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
We look forward to hearing from you.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position